Freecall the Bravehearts Information and Support Line
1800 BRAVE 1 (1800 272 831) between 8am and 8pm (AEST) Monday to Friday
The Bravehearts national information and support line can be accessed by anyone wanting information or support regarding child sexual assault, including but not limited to parents, carers, adult survivors and professionals such as teachers, guidance officers, doctors and psychologists.
Services provided include:
Information and support;
Advice and referral;
Support for professionals working with children;
Guidance around reporting disclosures;
Information on normal and problematic sexual behaviour; and
Teaching personal safety.
The Bravehearts’ Case Management Team can provide you with specialist assistance and support in a number of areas, including:
- Help reporting your child sexual assault to the police, knowing what to expect and your rights as a complainant;
- Attending with you as a support person when you make your police statement;
- Assistance liaising with police about your matter;
- Providing information about how the criminal justice system operates;
- Supporting you to engage with the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse;
- Help report concerns to your statutory child protection body;
- Help discussing your concerns with the relevant childcare or school;
- Assisting you with complaints processes;
- Assist you to gather records, for example, records about your childhood while in state care;
- Refer you to a private solicitor to assist you to explore your compensation options;
- Provide practical support (for example, assistance applying for housing or emergency relief, referrals to domestic violence or alcohol or other drugs services);
- Provide referrals to other services, where appropriate;
- Other support.
To arrange a case management telephone appointment, please contact our Bravehearts Information and Support Line to discuss your needs on 1800 BRAVE 1 (1800 272 831) or alternatively, contact us via email.